The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has announced that its WhatsApp ticketing service is now available across all Delhi NCR metro lines, including the Gurugram Rapid Metro corridor. The service was previously only available on the Airport Line, but it has now been expanded to cover the entire network.
To use the WhatsApp ticketing service, passengers can simply send a message with the text “Hi” to the DMRC’s official WhatsApp number, +91 9650855800. They can also scan a QR code that is displayed at all metro stations to initiate the service.
Once the service is initiated, passengers will be able to book tickets for single and group journeys. They can also pay for their tickets using their preferred payment mode, such as UPI, credit card, or debit card.
The WhatsApp ticketing service is available in both English and Hindi. It is a convenient and easy-to-use way for passengers to purchase metro tickets without having to stand in queues at ticket counters.
How to use the WhatsApp ticketing service:
- Add the DMRC’s official WhatsApp number, +91 9650855800, to your phone’s contact list.
- Open WhatsApp and send a message with the text “Hi” to the DMRC’s WhatsApp number.
- Follow the instructions provided by the chatbot to book your tickets.
- Pay for your tickets using your preferred payment mode.
- Once your payment is successful, you will receive a QR code ticket.
- Scan the QR code ticket at the entry gate to access the metro station.
Benefits of using the WhatsApp ticketing service:
- Convenient and easy to use
- No need to stand in queues at ticket counters
- Available in both English and Hindi
- Can be used to book tickets for single and group journeys
- Supports multiple payment modes
The WhatsApp ticketing service is a welcome addition to the DMRC’s existing ticketing options. It will make it easier and more convenient for passengers to purchase metro tickets.